Friday, July 10, 2009

Patchwork of the Crosses/Organizing






POTC has been both challenging and rewarding thus far. The blocks in the original quilt by Lucy Boston are so very interesting. It is amazing how she used fabric and only two shapes to create a quilt that is so extraordinary. My quilt will not be a duplication of Lucy Boston but rather an interpretation of the "feel" of the block. In some blocks, stripes speak to me and in others it is the fussy cut in the center that creates another dimension.

Since my stash of fabric is packed and in storage, I have been trying to acquire, very judiciously, pieces for POTC.




My POTC is a portable hand piecing project. I put the pieces for each block in a Floss-A-Way baggy used for embroidery floss. There is a hole in the top corner of the baggy so I put them on a metal ring. This is a picture of 14 blocks prepped and ready to sew.




2 comments:

Karen said...

I think you storage system for the blocks is very creative! Certainly would be easy to carry it along wherever you go.

Cathi said...

Those fabrics have fabulous potential for fussy printing/cutting!!! Love the storage idea. May just have to adopt that idea!