Saturday, July 11, 2009

Making House Decisions and POTC Block










Today was busy looking at ideas for the new home. Hopefully the first shovel of dirt will be turned next week and construction will begin. It was too hot in Texas to spend much time outside so I pieced another POTC block. The lighting for the picture is not that great as the colors are more vivid than portrayed in the picture.




This is my interpretation of of block 2 on Row 1.
I am hoping to piece at least one block a day. Piecing goes much faster than deciding on the fabric and printing but the whole process is fun and rewarding.




Renegade knows how to stay cool. Unfortunately his tub is in storage so we are doing the hose routine. His tub was a little small for him any way.


2 comments:

Karen said...

I can understand why piecing a block was chosen over being outside. We used to live in Texas. It always hit 100 degrees by June 15th! I still haven't started my POTC but have the book with the pattern.

Cathi said...

Charlsey, I absolutely love that!!! To me it looks like crisp summer salad with a raspberry vinaigrette! It is gorgeous!!
It is amazing how quickly the piecing goes, isn't it? Your quilt is going to be stunning!!