Saturday, June 20, 2009

Baby Quilts


Here are the pictures of the baby quilt tops I finished yesterday.  The first is for a friend's baby boy.  The pinwheel's are cowboy fabrics.  I wanted to do something "Texas-y" for him since I am in Texas and he is in Florida.  I added the prairie points to give it dimension and something his little hands can fiddle with.

The second quilt is for my granddaughter Ella.  I used Cathi Godwin's pattern with embroidered butterflies and Inklingo stars.  I will add Ella's name and birthdate to the blank hexagon block in the lower left corner.

I am off to the fabric store today to see if I can find stripes, paisleys, plaids and prints for the POTC blocks.  I think "ugly" fabrics would look best with those blocks.  It will be a fun challenge to make "ugly" fabrics interesting and pretty in creating the POTC blocks.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Two good baby quilts! I like the addition of the prairie points. It gives added interest.

Cathi said...

They're so pretty, Charlsey! I love the prairie points on the little boy's quilt and, of course, I'm thrilled you showed your version of Butterfly Stars. :-)

stacyw said...

Wow, Moma! Glad you are blogging again. Love the quilts. I know Ella will enjoy hers! The crosses are so beautiful. You have such an eye for fabrics and patterns!