Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Smocking of a Day


Well, no work on my hexagon today.  I am going to have to put it aside for a few days while I finish my granddaughters Easter dress.  I finished the smocking over the weekend and today it got a steam bath to set the pleats.  Here is a picture of it in its blocking stage.  Kelsey is a sweet little thing and loves all of the dresses Nonnie makes for her.  She can rough it up with the boys but enjoys being a "girly" girl too.  The dress is snow white with pastel Easter baskets.  

This weekend my grandson Brendan had his 7th birthday.  He had a Davy Crockett birthday party.  The picture is of the coon skin cap cake that my daughter made.  She is very creative and talented but doesn't know it. Since she has a hard time with the sewing machine, I think she is a great candidate for hand piecing.   She will be delivering our 3rd grandchild at the end of March.  I am working on a baby quilt so that is another reason the hexagon has been shelved.


3 comments:

Cathi said...

Oh, my -- that cake is something else! What an imagination to com eup with that.
Your smocking is amazing. It looks so difficult to me!

stacyw said...

Thanks for the compliment, Moma! The verdict will be out on handpiecing until we're through the diaper stage!

Kelsey is going to LOVE the Easter dress! Wish we could find a bunny for her to take her picture with.

Arlette said...

Happy Birthday, Brendan! You have such an adorable cake, almost too cute to eat.
I've enjoyed browsing your blog and seeing the beautiful quilts that you've made.
Aloha!