Monday, February 2, 2009

Dear Jane Quilts




Jewel Haseltine Jane is a Dear Jane quilt made in Civil War reproduction fabrics.  It is named for my sweet grandmother who was born in 1896 and lived a wonderful 96 years.  The 30's Dear Jane originated from an online block swap of Dear Jane blocks.  I participated in about 3 swaps -  each time adding borders thinking I was finished with it.  In the end, I decided to add the Courthouse Step blocks which was originally going to be an entirely separate project.  Dear Jane goes to the Courthouse was my first entry at a quilt show and received an Honorable Mention ribbon.  Sheri Mecom quilted both of them.  She is an awesome Long arm quilter.

2 comments:

stacyw said...

The quilts you made, Nonnie, are so beautiful and you are so amazing! Love, Kelsey

Jennifer said...

That's a great shot of the quilt! Who staged that for you? B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!